The Society of American Registered Architects New York Council is accepting application for the 5th Annual Student Scholarship Program. The Scholarship is available for the students who are enrolled as a full-time student in an architectural program at a college or university in the United States.
The Society of American Registered Architects (SARA) was founded in 1956 as a professional society that includes the participation of all architects, regardless of their roles in the architectural community. SARA follows the Golden Rule and supports the concept of profitable professionalism for its members.
To be considered eligible for the scholarship, the candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The student must be enrolled as a full-time student in an architectural program at a college or university in the United States.
- The student must be of strong character and impeccable integrity.
- The student should be in the top 25% of their class academically.
How to apply:
For applying the scholarship, interested candidates can download the application form by the link:
- An official transcript of academic grades from the college or university shall be provided
- A letter of recommendation from the Dean of the program or Course Advisor
- A brief autobiographical sketch describing the student’s reason for studying architecture, and the goals the student hopes to achieve
- Examples of the student’s work that best supports the student’s interest in architecture, and/or architectural photography, submitted electronically in PDF format with no more than 20MB
- Peer recommendation based upon the SARA motto of “Architect Helping Architect” illustrating “Student Helping Student”
The form can be send By Mail:
SARA | NY Council
14 East 38th Street, 12th Floor New York,
- Deadline for submitting application form is July 13th, 2015.
- Deadline for submitting student transcript, Dean and Peer letter of recommendation, autobiographical sketch, and student work samples is August 3rd, 2015.
$3,000 USD award will be given to winner of “The Sean F. Mellon Memorial Architectural Scholarship”.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question regarding the scholarship, you can email to: info-at-sarany.org