The SCUREF organization and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) have put forward Nuclear Forensics Graduate Fellowship Program. The program is open to undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students. The program’s aim is to develop the next generation of highly qualified scientists to meet U.S. Government’s needs for nuclear forensics expertise and to build a viable student career path in nuclear forensics. Fellows will receive a stipend amount of $2,400 per month.
The South Carolina Universities Research and Education Foundation (SCUREF) was incorporated in 1988. SCUREF’s mission is to enhance the education and research programs in energy, national security, environmental management, and in health-related areas for its member institutions and for universities throughout the United States.
- Students with undergraduate degrees in the physical sciences, the life sciences, or engineering are eligible to apply for the NFGFP.
- Graduate students in these technical disciplines who will have at least two full years of graduate work remaining at the beginning of September 2015 are also eligible.
- Applicants must be pursuing or planning to pursue doctoral study in specialties directly relevant to technical nuclear forensics.
- These specialties include but are not limited to radiochemistry, geochemistry, nuclear physics, nuclear engineering, materials science, and analytical chemistry.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
How to Apply:
To be consider for fellowship you must follow the online application procedure. The given link: https://scuref.formstack.com/forms/nfgfp_completion_form
The number of awards given each year is dependent on the number of graduating Fellows.
- Stipends: fellows receive a monthly stipend in the amount of $2,400.
- The Fellow’s basic stipend is augmented by an additional $500 (prorated) each month during the practicum.
- Thesis research at participating dhs/dod designated facilities.
- Tuition and fees.
February 2, 2016 is the deadline of Nuclear Forensics Graduate Fellowship Program.
Link for More Information:
If you have any more questions, you can email: info-at-scuref.org.