The South Carolina Education Association encourages students across the state to join their historic 50 Year Anniversary & Celebration by taking part in their FIRST EVER “Unity in Education” Essay Contest. SCEA is the professional association for educators in South Carolina. The contest is open to middle school/intermediate, high school & college students. Essays will be judged on creativity & how well students address the theme.
The South Carolina Education Association (The SCEA) Essay Contest is open to middle school/intermediate, high school & college students.
How to Apply:
- Students are encouraged to use their creativity to write on the topic and explore the significance & outcomes of racial integration in SC public schools
- All essays should be typed and double-spaced
Content and Development:
- Clear central idea-meaning supporting details-sustains focus on central idea
- Central idea-supporting details-sustains focus on central idea
- Adequate development of topic-unclear central idea-not enough details-weak focus
- Weak development of topic-few or no details-lacks clear central idea or focus
- Off topic-illegible-not enough writing to evaluate
You can submit all essays to The SCEA, 421 Zimalcrest Dr., Columbia, SC 29210
All winners will also receive a commemorative certificate and awards are as follows:
- First Place: $100
- Second Place: $50
- Third Place: $25
- Honorable Mention
To be considered for the contest, submit your essay on or before Wednesday, February 1, 2017, by 5 pm. Winners will be announced and recognized at The SCEA Unification Celebration on Saturday, April 1, 2017.
Link for More Information: