The Rubber Division of the American Chemical Society is offering two Undergraduate Scholarships and one Russell Mazzeo Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship. Applicants for these scholarships may have a major area study in chemistry, physics, chemical or mechanical engineering, polymer science or any other technical discipline relevant to the rubber industry. The award serves to honor the dedication to education and Rubber Division, ACS that Russ showed during his nearly 50 years in the rubber industry. An annual stipend of five thousand dollars ($5,000) will be given to the winning candidates
The Rubber Division of the American Chemical Society is an international association of chemists, engineers, technicians, scientists, plant managers, sales and marketing professionals and others in the rubber, polymer or related fields within the industry, academia, and government.
- These scholarships will be awarded to incoming college juniors and seniors with a “B” or better academic average for all of their undergraduate work and a minimum of three (3) semesters or six (6) terms completed.
- Previous applicants, including previous winners, may reapply in their senior year for a second and final year of possible scholarship support.
- Scholarship applicants must be enrolled in a fully accredited university or college in a country where Rubber Division, ACS has a resident subdivision or partner organization -currently USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil or India.
- Applicants may have a major area of study in Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Polymer Science or any other technical discipline of relevance to the rubber industry.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, interested candidates can download the application form through the given link:
- Two (2) or more nomination letters written on company/university letterhead and signed by the professor/nominator.
- Your official transcripts from all schools attended.
The completed application packet to be sent by regular mail as one (1) single package (excluding official transcripts) and postmarked to:
Christie Robinson, Training & Development Director
Rubber Division, ACS
411 Wolf Ledges Pkwy., Ste. 201
Akron, OH 44311
The scholarships, with an annual stipend of five thousand dollars ($5,000) are applied to one academic year (fall and spring semester) and are to be used toward total tuition expenses.
The completed application packet must be postmarked by March 1 of each year.
Link for More Information:
Contact Christie Robinson, M.Ed., Training & Development Director, at crobinson-at-rubber.org for more information.