The Ron Brown Scholar Fund is offering the Ron Brown Scholar Program for high school seniors who demonstrate a keen interest in public service, community engagement, business entrepreneurship and global citizenship. The mission of the Ron Brown Scholar Program is to provide advance higher education and improve the lives of public service-minded and intellectually gifted African Americans. RBSP competitively awards four-year $40,000 scholarships ($10,000 each year) to the most talented Ron Brown Scholars and economically-challenged high school seniors.
The Ron Brown Scholar Fund is a 501(c)3 public charity, managed by an independent Board of Trustees. The Program which was named for the late Secretary of Commerce and inspired by his dedication to public service focuses on encouraging civic engagement among Scholars while promoting academic excellence, community, and lifelong interactions.
Ron Brown Scholarship Program
- Must be Black/African American.
- Must excel academically.
- Must exhibit exceptional leadership potential.
- Must participate in community service activities.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be a US citizen or hold a permanent resident visa card.
- Be a current high school senior at the time of your application.
- Current college students are not eligible to appl for Ron Brown scholarshipy.
How to Apply:
Applying for the scholarship, the candidates must fill the application form. Download the form through the given link: https://www.ronbrown.org/Media/Default/MediaGalleries/ApplicationPDFs/2017%20Scholarship%20Application.pdf
- List your extracurricular, community, employment or other activities in order of their importance to you. Indicate the dates you participated in the activity, positions held and the number of hours per week you spend on each activity.
- List any significant awards or honors you have received during high school for academic or extracurricular achievements.
- Essays: You must respond to both (A) and (B). Each essay should be no longer than 500 words.
- Choose the one activity you listed as most important in question #1 and tell us why it is significant.
- (Submit one essay that you plan to send or have sent as part of a college application. This may be on any topic. If your college application did not require an essay, please submit an essay on the topic of your choice.
- Ask two individuals who know you well to submit letters of recommendation. At least one letter should be from a teacher or other school professional.
- Submit an official transcript with most current semester course load and school profile with application materials. A school profile is an information sheet about your high school
Application materials must be mailed in one packet. Transcripts and letters of recommendation should not be sent under separate cover.
Ron Brown Scholar Program
1160 Pepsi Place, Suite 206
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Phone: 434 964 1588
Fax: 434 964 1589
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Twenty or more students are designated as Ron Brown Scholars and will receive $10,000 annually for four years, for a total of $40,000.
January 9, 2017, is the final postmarked deadline in order to be considered for only the Ron Brown Scholar Program academic year 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at info-at-ronbrown.org