Staff at Resume Companion remembers the hardship of being a student, so they want to make the scholarship available to as many students as possible. The scholarship is open to international students. It is designed to get the student population of the US thinking about resumes at an early stage, ensuring they have practice in this essential area of career progression before they head into the vocational world. Every year $1,000 scholarship to the student who can create the best resume, based on the life of any fictional or non-fictional character, from TV, history, literature or myth.
Since 2009 ResumeCompanion.com has helped thousands of job seekers from 186 countries create the perfect resume. Resume Companion is also the proud sponsor of Resumes for America™, a non-profit initiative supporting America’s students and veterans.
• The scholarship is available to as many students as possible. As such, do not require any minimum GPA, and both domestic and international students may apply.
• All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, in full-time university education for the semester they are applying to receive the scholarship fund. For example, a senior high student can apply during the spring 2015 semester, despite still being at high school, as long as they will be enrolled in the university for the Fall semester 2015 when they are due to receive the scholarship fund.
• One application can be made per student, per year.
How to Apply:
To be entering in scholarship contest, you are required to create a resume based on the life of any fictional or non-fictional character, from TV, history, literature or myth.
• Resume submissions can come in Word, PDF, or info-graphic format, attached to an email and sent to scholarship-at-resumecompanion.com.
• The body of the email should include:
1. Your name
2. University attending (if applicable)
3. Short explanation of whose resume you are submitting
The $1000 Scholarship will be given every year to the winning candidate.
July 14, 2016, is the scholarship application deadline.
Link for More Information:
Any questions or inquiries regarding school participation, or for more information about School and University outreach programs run by Resume Companion, you can email: howard.davies-at-resumecompanion.com