The St. Louis Regional Arts Commission is pleased to announce its annual Artist Fellowship Program to recognize artistic excellence, honors the work of seasoned artists, advances the work of mid-career artists, and nurtures the work of developing artists. Artists working in any discipline and living in St. Louis City or St. Louis County for the past two years or more are eligible to apply. Through this program, the Regional Arts Commission of St. Louis aims to foster and invest in the careers of St. Louis artists by providing funds to allow them more time and space to study, reflect, experiment, explore, practice, and create. In 2017, the RAC will award fellowship of $20,000 each (total of $100,000).
The Regional Arts Commission leads, strengthens and gives voice to a creative community where every citizen can be proud to live, work and play in a world-class region. Their organization was founded in 1985 to promote, encourage and foster the arts and cultural institutions in St. Louis City and County, and to contribute to the economic development of the area through a strong presence of the arts.
- Artists of all disciplines living in St. Louis City or St. Louis County for the past two years or more with documentation
- Artists at any stage of career development?emerging, mid-career, and established
- Artists who have exhibited, performed, presented and/or published artistic work in a public context within the last three years
- Artists who are not enrolled as full-time undergraduate or graduate students are eligible
- Artists at least 25 years of age
How to Apply:
To apply for the Artist Fellowship, the applicant can register by creating an account through the given link: http://artistscount.egrant.net/login.aspx?PIID=147&OID=101
Attachments must include:
- Detailed artist’s resume / CV
- Good visual, written or aural documentation of the artist’s work depending on the discipline
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Ten (10) St. Louis artists will receive $20,000 fellowship award each – to be distributed with 80% at the time of the award.
- The artists will make a mid-way “check-in” with RAC staff and will then receive the final 20%.
- Each artist will sign a contract agreement and be responsible for any taxes due.
The artist fellowship applications are due on August 10, 2017. (RAC will begin accepting applications for this highly competitive program on June 26, 2017.)
Link for More Information: