The Press Club of Western Pennsylvania is offering two types of scholarships as 10th Annual Bob Fryer Memorial Scholarship and the 2nd Annual Press Club Scholarship. Scholarships are intended to reward outstanding students who are studying journalism or similar majors and planning to develop careers in print journalism, online journalism and photojournalism or broadcasting.
The Press Club of Western Pennsylvania is a nonprofit organization of journalists and other communications professionals from a 29-county area of Western Pennsylvania.
- Candidates must be sophomores or juniors enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate why they should receive the award.
- Candidate’s primary residence must be in one of the 29 counties of Western Pennsylvania: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria , Cameron, Centre, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Greene, Huntingdon, Indiana, Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Potter, Somerset, Venango, Warren, Washington, Westmoreland.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must fill the application form that can be downloaded through the given link:
In addition to answering the questions below, please include the following:
- An essay of no more than 600 words that describes why the selection committee should award you the scholarship.
- Any relevant samples of your work that will help the committee in its deliberations.
- A letter of reference from a college teacher, professor or adviser.
The complete application packet can be submitted at the given address:
The Press Club of Western Pennsylvania,
Engineers’ Building, 337 Fourth Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA. 15222
The $5,000 Fryer and $2,500 Press Club Scholarship awards will be give to the winning students.
The application deadline is Feb. 1, 2016.
Link for More Information: