Microsoft Research is glad to announce the PhD Fellowship for outstanding PhD students who are nominated by their universities. To be eligible for this fellowship, students must be in their second or third year of an eligible PhD program in the fall semester or quarter of 2015. The fellowship recipient award will cover 100 percent of the tuition and fees for two academic years (2016–17 and 2017–18).
Microsoft Research is the research division of Microsoft. It was created in 1991, with the intent to advance state of the art computing and solve difficult world problems through technological innovation in collaboration with academic, government, and industry researchers.
- Applicants for the Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship Program must be nominated by their universities and their nominations must be confirmed by the office of the chair of the eligible department. Direct applications from students are not accepted
- Student must attend a United States or Canadian university and be enrolled in the Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics department (if your department is within the scope of these areas, but is titled differently, you are eligible)
- Students must be in their second or third year of an eligible PhD program in the fall semester or quarter of 2015. The nominating university will be asked to confirm the student’s PhD program start date (month/year)
- A maximum of three applicants per eligible department, per eligible university, will be accepted. A total of nine applications per university will be allowed
- Payment of the fellowship awards, as described above, will be made directly to the university and is not transferable to another academic institution or department
- The recipient must remain an active, full-time student in a PhD program over the two consecutive academic years of the award or forfeit the award
- A recipient of a Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship may not receive another fellowship from another company or institution for the same academic period. Fellows accepting multiple fellowships will become ineligible to receive continued funding from Microsoft
How to Apply:
For applying the fellowship, the candidates must login themselves. The link is:
- Nominee’s thesis proposal
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae
- Three (3) letters of reference from established researchers familiar with the nominee’s research. Of these one (1) letter should come from the student’s advisor
A stipend is provided to cover living expenses while in school (US$28,000 for 2016–17 and 2017–18) for the winning candidates.
The submission deadline is Friday, October 9, 2015 11:59 P.M. Pacific Time (PT).
Link for More Information: