The PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation is proud to announce that it offers $250,000 in Awards to eligible Greek American undergraduate students, and is currently accepting applications. The PanHellenic Scholarship Awards (“Awards”) are offered to recognize and honor Greek American students of high scholastic achievement and reward all recipients with monetary awards. The Foundation encourages those with potential to continue their pursuit of significant accomplishments over the course of their lives.
The PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that is dedicated to promoting education and leadership.
Eligibility for Panhellenic Scholarship:
- University/College Students: Full time undergraduate students who currently attend an accredited university/college in the U.S. and are pursuing a four?year bachelor degree.
- Applicants must be 25 years of age or younger at the time of application.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents and living in the U.S. Applicants must be of Hellenic descent.
- Applicants must have at least one great grandparent with Hellenic roots. Applicants must have a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (“GPA”) of 3.5 on a 4.0 grade scale. No exceptions will be made.
- High school students that graduated in Spring 2015 from a state certified high school, or equivalent, and who are enrolled at an accredited university/college in the U.S. in Fall 2015 as full time students and are pursuing a four?year bachelor degree, are also eligible to apply.
- Students who have graduated from a non U.S. high school must have completed 24 credit hours at an accredited university/college in the U.S. in order to apply
How to Apply for Panhellenic Scholarship:
For applying the Panhellenic scholarship, the candidates must complete the application form that can be downloaded by the given link:
- Academic letters of recommendation requested from two (2) instructors
- Personal reference letters requested from two (2) persons
- Essay and Short Biography (Microsoft Word format) and Portrait Photograph (high resolution jpeg format) to info-at-panhellenicscholarships.org. Send one email that includes the three attachments.
- Official transcripts
- Proof of registration for spring 2016 emailed to info-at-panhellenicscholarships.org
- Family/household tax returns for 2013 & 2014 submitted (only if applying for the $10,000 Award)
- CD/DVD and additional requirements of your work submitted (only if your major is in music or the arts)
The application must be postmarked at the given address:
PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation
17 North Wabash Avenue, Suite 600
Chicago, Illinois 60602
The PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation (“Foundation”) will offer a total of $250,000 to forty (40) recipients selected by the Academic Selection Committee as follows:
- Twenty (20) Awards of $10,000 each based on academic achievement and financial need.
- Twenty (20) Awards of $2,500 each based solely on academic achievement.
Application deadline is Monday, February 1, 2016.
Link for More Information: