North Carolina Space Grant is pleased to introduce you a fellowship named as “North Carolina Sea Grant Graduate Research Fellowship”. The scholarship is open to the full-time enrolled graduate student at an accredited college or university within North Carolina and citizen of the United States. The objective of this fellowship is to support research within North Carolina’s nearshore environs and coastal watersheds to address research needs and coastal issues in these areas. Up to $10,000 for each will be given to the winning candidates.
The NC Space Grant is a consortium of academic institutions that have gathered together to promote, develop, and support aeronautics and space-related science, engineering, and technology education and training in North Carolina. Partnering with NASA, industry, non-profit organizations, and state government agencies, NC Space Grant conducts programs that are designed to equip the current and future aero/space workforce in North Carolina.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- A permanent United States citizen.
- Enrolled full-time in an advanced degree program of study at an accredited college or university in the State of North Carolina.
- Conducting a faculty-mentored research project relevant to this call for proposals.
- In good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0).
How to Apply:
All interested applicants who want to apply register themselves through the given link: https://spacegrant.net/apps/?pk=ncf2
The applicants shall submit all contact information as contained within the application:
- Provide a photo and biographical information upon selection.
- Agree to abide by all reporting requests from NC Space Grant and NC Sea Grant.
- Submit a Final Research Report that shall include a detailed summary of research results and an award impact statement. This information will be shared for review and use by NC Space Grant and/or NC Sea Grant.
- Fellows are required to present their findings at a meeting, conference, or another formal gathering of a professional organization(s), association(s), etc. among peer researchers, policy-makers, or another relevant audience.
- Fellows are requested to share their research experiences and translate the results of their project into in a public forum or educational setting, a publication (e.g., Coastwatchmagazine), and/or via social media and/or traditional media. Presentations that encourage interest in the research topic among the general public, policy-makers, and/or K-12 school students are encouraged.
- Inform NC Space Grant of changes of address and
- Respond to academic and employment follow-up surveys administered as required by the federal government.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Masters or Ph.D. Students who will win fellowship receive up to $10,000 for each award.
Applications for the scholarship program will be accepted until 5 p.m. Friday, June 30, 2017.
Link for More Information: