The USDA-NIFA Food Virology Collaborative is excited to announce the fellowship program. The fellowship is available for U.S. citizens or permanent residents. The NoroCORE Graduate Fellowship is a way to promote and support up-and-coming researchers in the field.
The USDA-NIFA Food Virology Collaborative (NoroCORE– Norovirus Collaborative for Outreach, Research, and Education) is a food safety initiative with the ultimate goal to reduce the burden of food borne disease associated with viruses, particularly Noroviruses.
For applying the fellowship, the candidates:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Must be currently working with a Norocore investigator and have completed at least 1 year of graduate studies
- Must be in good academic standing with a high GPA and excellent letters of recommendation
How to Apply:
For applying the fellowship, the candidates must fill the on-line fellowship application form. The link is:
- Official Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate)
- 2 letters of recommendation, including a letter of nomination from your advisor and 1 additional letter (submitted directly to NoroCORE via email or included in your package in signed, sealed envelope)
- 1-2 page statement of your current research project, progress to date, and its relevance to food safety/public health as it pertains to viral illness
The supporting documents can be submitted either by email or mail
- The email id is:
- The mailing addresses is:
USPS (regular mail)
NoroCORE (USDA NIFA Food Virology Collaborative)
NC State University
Campus Box 7407
Raleigh, NC 27695
$25,000/year stipend will be given for winning candidate
The deadline for the current application is October 28, 2015.
Link for More Information: