Are you a master’s, doctoral or professional degree holder? U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is offering Coastal Management Fellowship. Candidates those who have completed a master’s, doctoral or professional degree program in natural resource management are eligible to apply. Fellows will receive competitive salary, medical benefits, and travel expense.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is an American scientific agency within the United States Department of Commerce. The Administration guides the use and protection of ocean and coastal resources, and conducts research to improve understanding and stewardship of the environment.
- Any student who will complete a master’s, doctoral or professional degree program in natural resource management or environmental-related studies at an accredited U.S. university between January 1, 2015, and July 31, 2016, is eligible.
- Students from a broad range of environmental programs are encouraged to apply.
- Students from non-U.S. institutions are not eligible.
How to Apply:
All applications must include the following:
- Resume or curriculum vitae (limit to two pages using 12 point font).
- Statement of the applicant’s goals with emphasis on what the applicant expects from and can contribute to the fellowship experience (500 words or less).
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from the applicant’s principal professor. If no principal professor exists, the faculty member who is most familiar with the applicant’s academic work may be substituted.
- Unofficial copies of all undergraduate and graduate student transcripts.
- Applications can be submitted electronically to Dr. Kristine Stepenuck on the given e-mail address: stepenuck-at-uvm.edu.
- Letters of recommendation and transcripts can be sent by mail to:
Coastal Management Fellowship
Attn: Kris Stepenuck
Lake Champlain Sea Grant
RSENR, 81 Carrigan Drive
University of Vermont
Burlington, VT 05405
Coastal Management Fellowship is available for two-years and it offers a competitive salary, medical benefits, and travel and relocation expense reimbursement.
Those who are interested can fill the application form till Friday, January 22, 2016.
Link for More Information: