Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC is pleased to offer NICU fellowship. The applicant must be a Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing to be considered for fellowship. Aim of the fellowship is to provide individualized care for infants with a variety of problems such as prematurity, metabolic, physical or congenital defects. The UPMC awards individual fellows with a temporary employment and amount of $23 an hour for classroom and clinical hours.
The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) is a $12 billion integrated global nonprofit health enterprise. UPMC’s mission is to share clinical, technological, and managerial expertise with partners globally.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
- This program is for GNs/RNs with no previous experience practicing as a RN.
How to Apply:
Candidates are needed to register themselves as an applicant through the given link: https://jobsupmc.upmc.com/psp/extapp/EMPLOYEE/EXTRN_APP/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=2088075&SiteId=2&PostingSeq=1&bid=326&tid=x_daf0c407-549d-467d-bb7b-f02e1c880bde
- This can be demonstrated by obstetric experience in roles such as a Nursing Assistant, PCT, Summer Nurse Internship, or through obstetric experience through a Nursing School Transitions experience or a volunteer role.
- As a part of your application you are required to submit along with this application an essay describing your passion for OB and how you believe you will impact these areas during your time at Magee Women’s Hospital of UPMC.
- Please submit this essay in the same document as your resume. Please note that you may only upload a total of one document, so they must be combined and uploaded together.
- In addition, a letter of recommendation from your OB or Pediatric faculty must be submitted.
- Please direct your faculty to send this via email directly to nurse-at-upmc.edu.
- The program provides evidence-based care and practices to the standards set by their professional organization.
- The Neonatal Fellowship is a temporary employment status position, with a rate of $23 an hour for classroom and clinical hours, and no benefits.
- Participants of the fellowship will work 40 hours a week, working 8-hour rotating shifts, including some evenings, nights and weekends.
- If at the end of the fellowship you successfully obtain a FT position it will be conducted as an internal transfer into a Staff Nurse position with the appropriate rate of pay, employment status, and benefits.
December 18, 2015 is the last date of submitting the application form along with all submitting material.
Link for More Information: