The Nevada Geographic Information Foundation Inc (NGIF) is pleased to offer scholarship to support the students who are pursuing coursework in which they make use of geographic information technology. The award encourages students to explore and make use of recent developments in geospatial technology.
NGIF is a non-profit organization that awards competitive scholarships to students who are pursuing education and training in geospatial technologies.
To be eligible for the award, interested students must be enrolled in a certificate program, undergraduate or graduate program focusing on geospatial technology.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must fill the application form. The link for downloading the form is:
- Applicants are required to submit a brief abstract describing their work as an attachment to this application form. In your description, please address the following (limit yourself to no more than 1-2 pages):
1.) Brief description of your GIS project, map or poster.
2.) Your intended audience.
3.) What did you learn using GIS technology for this project?
4.) A description of the data sources and software used to create your mapping project.
- Proof of School Enrollment
- Your project work may include cartographic output (maps-charts-posters-reports), sample code, screen shots, multimedia, website links etc
A completed application form and supporting documentation should be submitted either electronically or by mail.
- The candidates can submit the complete application packet at info-at-nvgif.org
- The candidates can mail to: NGIF, PO Box 20225, Reno, NV 89515
A $500 scholarship award will be given to the deserving candidate.
Link for More Information:
Questions regarding to scholarship can be asked to info-at-nvgif.org