The NGA’s Research and Education Foundation is pleased to announce the NGA Research and Education Foundation Scholarships.The program is open to all students who are planning a career in the grocery industry.The goal of the program is to enhance the future of the grocery industry by investing in the education of individuals who are pursuing a career in the industry. The Foundation is committed to raising an additional $100,000 annually for students planning careers in the independent supermarket sector.
The National Grocers Association (NGA) is the national trade association representing the retail and wholesale grocers that comprise the independent sector of the food distribution industry. The mission of NGA’s Research and Education Foundation is to help the independent grocer attract and retain top talent, develop future leaders and become an employer of choice for college graduates.
- Students must plan a career in the grocery industry
- A minimum required GPA of 2.5
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can download the application form through the given link:
All scholarship applications must include:
- A one-page personal statement explaining your scholarship qualifications. Tell them about scholastic achievements, leadership awards, extracurricular activities, personal stories, as well as your intent to pursue a career in the independent sector of the grocery industry.
- A letter of recommendation from a sponsor in the grocery industry or faculty member
- A college/university transcript (official or unofficial).
To submit your application, the applicant must submit your completed application and materials by e-mail, mail, or fax to:
NGA Research and Education Foundation
Attn: Scholarship Program
1005 N. Glebe Road, Suite 250
Arlington, VA 22201-5758
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (703) 516-0115
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Foundation seeks to position the industry as an employer of choice for college students and is committed to raising an additional $100,000 annually for students planning careers in the independent supermarket sector.
The applications are must postmark no later than Wednesday, June 14, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions, contact the NGA Research and Education Foundation at education-at-nationalgrocers.org or call 703-516-0700