New Mexico Pueblo and Navajo Scholars Scholarship Application is open for 2015-2016 academic year. New Mexico Pueblo and Navajo Scholars Scholarship applicants, who attend the UNM-Gallup Campus, will receive priority consideration based on Donor preferences.
The University of New Mexico – Gallup prepares people to achieve their educational and professional goals in a context of respect for the traditions and values.
This scholarship is designated specifically for members of New Mexico tribes: 19 Pueblos, Navajo Nation, Jicarilla Apache Tribe, or Mescalero Apache Nation. Priority Consideration will be given to UNM-Gallup Campus applicants.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must fill the application form. The following documents must be included with the application. The application must be typed.
- Applicants must submit a copy of Certificate of Indian Blood and/or Proof of Tribal Enrollment
- A comprehensive statement expressing your educational goals, personal philosophy and motivation for applying for the scholarship
- A complete list/directory of student organization(s), extra-curricular activities, volunteer and community service experiences
- Unofficial UNM Transcript (Applicants must have attended UNM for a minimum of 1 semester to be eligible for consideration
- Certificate of Indian Blood and/or Proof of Tribal Enrollment in one of New Mexico’s 22 tribes (see Section 2 above)
- Any additional documentation you feel pertinent to your application
The complete application packet must be submitted to the address of “UNM American Indian Student Services”
The complete application packet must be submitted by June 15, 2015.
Link for more Information: