Legislative Lottery Scholarship Program
The Legislative Lottery Scholarship will pay a portion of tuition (up to undergraduate degree) for students who have obtained New Mexico diploma of excellence or high school equivalency credential recipients who immediately attend a New Mexico public college or university.
A Percentage of Tuition
The initial scholarship shall begin with the second semester of enrollment at a postsecondary institution and continue for that academic year. Thereafter, each scholarship is for a period of one semester subject to revocation for failure to maintain eligibility. The scholarship may be renewed on a semester basis until the award recipient has received seven (7) semesters of scholarship awards at a four year institution or until the student graduates with a bachelor?s degree from an eligible institution, whichever is sooner. Student attending a community college are eligible for three (3) semesters of scholarship awards.
- Student must be a resident of New Mexico
- Must have graduated from a NM public, accredited private school or obtained a high school equivalency credential in New Mexico.
- Must be enrolled full-time (15 credit hours) in the first regular semester at an eligible four-year New Mexico public university.
- Must be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours) in the first regular semester at an eligible two- year New Mexico community college.
- Must enroll immediately following high school graduation
- Must maintain at least a cumulative GPA of 2.5
Legacy student means a student who has received three or more semester of awards by the end of spring of 2014. If a student meets this requirement they are only required to complete 12 credit hours regardless if the student is at a four-year or two year institution.
How to Apply:
Student shall contact their public post-secondary institution?s financial aid advisor for eligibility verification (no application needed).
When to Apply:
Student shall contact their public post-secondary institution for eligibility period.
Where to Apply:
Lottery Scholarship eligibility determined by institution. Contact Institution for details