Nevada Promise Scholarship Program is sponsored by the Western Nevada College so that young Nevadans can attend WNC starting with the Fall 2018 semester, free of class fees. Applicants must be younger than 20 years old and not previously have been awarded an associate or bachelor’s degree to be eligible for the scholarship. The scholarship stands to save Nevada families over $3000 per year. The scholarship provides financial assistance could cover school expenses, including tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and transportation.
Western Nevada College is a public college serving northwest Nevada. It is accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and of Colleges and Universities. The main branch of the college is located in Carson City, Nevada with other campuses in the cities of Fallon and Minden.
All Scholarship applicants must be:
- Must be younger than 20 years old and not previously have been awarded an associate or bachelor’s degree.
- Must be a bona fide resident of the state.
- Must have a high school diploma awarded by a public or private high school from Nevada or a public high school located in a county that borders this state that accepts pupils who are residents of this state, or a general equivalency diploma or equivalent document.
- Must not be in default of any federal student loan and not owe a refund to any federal program providing aid to students.
- Perform 20 hours of community service byApril 30, 2018.
How to Apply:
All interested applicant complete online application processes through the link: https://fafsa.ed.gov/
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Financial assistance could cover school expenses, including tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and transportation. Financial Assistance is composed of four major categories, including work-study, loans, and scholarships.
- Young Nevadans can attend WNC starting with the Fall 2018 semester, free of class fees.
Submit the WNC Nevada Promise application by October. 31, 2017.
Link for More Information: