Nevada NASA Space Grant Fellowship is available for U.S. Citizens who are full-time Masters or PhD students and who are enrolled in (or admitted to) a full-time graduate degree program at UNLV or UNR. The motive of the fellowship is to support independently conceived or designed research, or senior design projects by graduate students that will help advance missions and goals of NASA.
The Nevada NASA Space Grant Consortium was established in 1991. The goal of the Nevada NASA Space Grant Consorotium is to create and expand opportunities for Nevada students and faculty to be active and valued participants in nation’s NASA aeronautics and space programs.
- U.S. citizens who are full-time Masters or PhD students enrolled in (or admitted to) a full-time graduate degree program at UNLV or UNR
- The degree program should be related to science and technology, which includes, but is not limited to, aeronautics, space science, engineering, computer science, physics, mathematics, STEM education and other related fields.
- Citizens of the United States of America (Citizens of Puerto Rico, Washington DC, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Northern Marianas are considered U.S. citizens)
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must fill the on-line application form. The link is:
- Provide a 3-4 page description of your proposed research program and its relationship to NASA’s interests. Citations are not included in the page limit
- Please provide a brief document describing your publication plan. (Those who receive a fellowship must complete a minimum of one publication which must be submitted, or prepared for submission.)
- “Unofficial” pdf transcripts downloaded from the University website are acceptable. Transcripts of all course work completed, including a list of courses currently enrolled in for the upcoming semester are required.
- 2-3 Letters of recommendation are required.
- A Biosketch/CV should be completed and included in the PDF file.
For more information the candidates can check the following link:
The supporting material can be submitted as a single pdf document to: nvspacegrant-at-nshe.nevada.edu
$21,000 fellowship amount per year will be given to the winning candidates.
The application and the supporting material must be submitted on before July 31, 2015 at 5pm PST.
Link for More Information:
For more information the candidates are strongly encouraged to contact the Nevada Space Grant Consortium team.