Are you a Creative Writer and interested in applying for fellowship? The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) has put forward a marvelous fellowship termed as Creative Writing Fellowship. If you are a writer and citizens/permanent residents of the United States you are eligible to apply. The fellowship provides writers the time and space to create, revise, conduct research, and connect with readers. Fellows will receive a grant of $25,000.
The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) was established by Congress in 1965. It is the independent federal agency who’s funding and support gives Americans the opportunity to participate in the arts, exercise their imaginations, and develop their creative capacities.
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- You are eligible to apply in Poetry if, between January 1, 2009, and March 9, 2016, you have had published:
- A volume of 48 or more pages of poetry or
- Twenty or more different poems or pages of poetry in five or more literary journals, anthologies, or publications which regularly include poetry as a portion of their format. Up to 16 poems may be in a single volume of poetry of fewer than 48 pages. This volume, however, may count as only one of the required five places of publication. For online publications, a page of poetry is considered to be twenty lines or less.
- You are not eligible to apply if you have received two or more Fellowships (in poetry, prose, or translation) from the National Endowment for the Arts. In addition, you may not apply if you have received any National Endowment for the Arts Literature Fellowship (in poetry or prose) or Translation Fellowship on or after October 1, 2007 (FY 2008).
- You may use digital, audio, or online publications to establish eligibility, provided that such publications have competitive selection processes and stated editorial policies
How to Apply:
Applicants must register themselves from the given link below in order to apply for the Federal Support for Creative Writing Fellowships. The link is: http://www.grants.gov/web/grants/register.html
Following are the supporting documents for the given fellowship:
- Application for Federal Assistance (SF-424)
- Attachments Form to which you have attached:
- Literature Fellowships Application Supplemental Information Form
- Manuscript material: 25 pages of sample work
- Cover page
- Summary of applicant publications
The Creative Writing Fellowships will provide a grant of $25,000 to all its selected fellows.
Deadline of this wonderful fellowship is 11:59 p.m., Eastern Time, on March 9, 2016.
Link for More Information:
For questions about these guidelines or your application, contact the Literature staff at 202/682-5034 or LitFellowships-at-arts.gov