North Dakota State University Club Sports is offering Graduate Assistantship for full-time NDSU graduate students. The Club Sports Graduate Assistant will serve as a liaison between club sports, student government, the Coordinator for Recreation and Intramural Sports and other NDSU departments across campus. $9,000 for a 9-month appointment and a full base NDSU tuition waiver will be given to the winning Club Sports Graduate Assistant.
NDSU offers a variety of club sports supported by the Congress of Student Organizations (CSO). Club sports are a great way to stay active and competitive while providing an opportunity to meet new people on campus with similar interests.
- B.S. or B.A. required
- Preference will be given to candidates with a background in sports administration, recreation
- Physical education or a related field
- Must be enrolled in a full-time NDSU graduate program
- Must continuously be in good academic and behavioral standing throughout the period of the graduate assistantship
- Must satisfactorily undergo criminal and academic background checks
- Must not have outside employment which would conflict with the required 20 hours per week to fulfill the graduate assistantship
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other similar programs
- Creative and able to take initiative to create and follow through on tasks
- Be an effective communicator, both orally and written
- Possess a maturity and professionalism commensurate to the position
- Demonstrate the ability to be both an effective leader as well as team member
- Be able to collaborate with individuals and/or groups from a variety of departments
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively resolve conflict
How to Apply:
For applying, submit the application material like as Cover letter, Resume and three professional references (names, addresses and phone numbers).
Submit application materials to tammy.aronson-at-ndsu.edu
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The students will get $9,000 for a 9-month appointment and a full base NDSU tuition waiver (student is responsible for all associated student and course fees and books).
Terms of Employment:
- Employment requires an average of (20) hours per week with some evening and weekend hours.
- Some evening/weekend hours and availability over semester holiday break week(s) are required.
- Appointment of position is for a maximum of two years, with the 2nd year based on performance and annual responsibility review.
The First-year appointment begins approximately mid-August 2016 and runs through Mid-May 2017.
Link for More Information:
For more information, you can call at: 701.231.8317