The 2016 NCHS/Academy Health Health Policy Fellowship application cycle is now open. The aim of the fellowship is to foster collaboration between NCHS (National Center for Health Statistics) staff and visiting scholars on a wide range of topics of mutual concern. Each year, up to two individuals may be selected as fellows to conduct their research and work collaboratively with NCHS staff.
Academy Health was established in June 2000 following a merger between the Alpha Center and the Association for Health Services Research (AHSR).
- Applicants may be at any stage in their career from doctoral students (must have completed course work and be at the dissertation phase of their program) to senior investigators
- Applicants must demonstrate training and/or experience in health services research and its methodology, especially quantitative data analysis, reflecting disciplines such as public health, public administration, health care administration, sociology, health economics, health statistics, anthropology, and behavioral sciences, or the health professions (e.g., medicine, nursing, dentistry, pharmacology, etc.)
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have a green card
How to Apply:
Eligible applicants are encouraged to apply for the fellowship program. The candidates must complete “Intent to Apply” form to start the application process. The link is:
- The selected fellow gains full access to NCHS data resources as well as several opportunities for professional development, collaboration, mentoring partnerships, and dissemination.
- During the 13 month tenure, the selected fellow will work closely with an NCHS staff member who can provide technical expertise related to the fellow’s research, assist in accessing NCHS data systems and other resources, and help identify other collaborative opportunities within the Center.
- up to two individuals may be selected as fellows
- The maximum salary that the fellowship would cover under an IPA is the maximum that the National Institutes of Health (NIH) would reimburse an investigator on a grant; this is $183,300 in 2015
The 2016 fellow will also:
- Present research at an NCHS seminar
- Learn the fundamentals of health policy development and implementation at Academy Health’s Health Policy Orientation
- Attend and present research at Academy Health conferences, including the National Health Policy Conference and Annual Research Meeting
The fellowship application deadline is 5 pm ET on November 9, 2015.
Link for More Information:
For more information, you can email to: nchs-at-academyhealth.org