USA Rice Federation invites application for 2015 National Rice Month scholarship program. In very easy steps, high school graduating students who are studying in the 2015-16 school year , can enter for an opportunity to win scholarships totaling $8,500 amount. Three scholarships will be awarded based on the originality and effectiveness of candidates.
USA Rice Federation is made up of the USA Rice Producers’ Group, the USA Rice Millers’ Association, the USA Rice Council and the USA Rice Merchants’ Association. The USA Rice Federation is the global supporter for all segments of the U.S. rice industry. The mission of the federation is to promote and protect the interests of producers, millers, merchants and allied businesses.
The students who live in rice-growing states (Arkansas, California, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri and Texas) are eligible to apply.
Children of board members of the USA Rice Federation, USA Rice Council, USA Rice Producers’ Group, USA Rice Millers’ Association and USA Rice Merchants’ Association, and/or children of USA Rice Federation committee members, USA Rice Federation employees or Dow Agro Sciences employees are not eligible.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship the candidates must submit the following documents either electronically to Amy Doane, adoane-at-usarice.com or at the address of USA Rice Federation.
- Make U.S.-grown rice the center of a promotion activity you conduct this September. Some sample topics/themes are:
- Nutritional benefits of U.S.-grown rice
- Culinary versatility of U.S.-grown rice
- Economic importance of U.S. rice production and processing
- Conservation and environmental benefits of the U.S. rice industry .Your promotion must be conducted in September.
- Submit your entry (video, essay, scrapbook, or other presentation tool)
- Completed entry form
Three scholarships will be awarded. One national grand-prize winner will receive a scholarship award of $4,000, second-place award of $3,000 and third-place award of $1,500 will be presented.
Entries must be received by Thursday, October 15, 2015. The winners will be notified by November 10, 2015.
Link to Apply: