U.S. Department of Health And Human Services (HHS) is providing a scholarship opportunity termed as “National Health Service Corps Scholarship” for full-time student at an accredited school. Applicant must be U.S. citizen or U.S. national. National Health Service Corps (NHSC) scholarship helps bring health care to those who need it most. Selected candidates will receive a chance to win tuition fees and other benefits.
The United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), also known as the Health Department. The foundation aim’s to “Improve health, safety, and well-being of America.”
Go through the eligibility criteria before applying:
- U.S. citizen or U.S. national.
- Full-time student at an accredited school.
- Pursuing a degree in an NHSC-eligible discipline.
- You can apply to the scholarship program if you are committed to primary care and accepted to or enrolled in an accredited U.S. school in one of the following primary care disciplines.
- Physicians (MD or DO).
- Nurse Practitioners (post graduate degree with clinical practice focus).
- Certified Nurse-Midwives.
- Physician Assistants.
How to Apply:
Candidates are requested to login themselves as an applicant before applying. The link is: https://programportal.hrsa.gov/extranet/application/nhscsp/login.seam
In order for your application to be processed, we must submit:
- Applicants must submit online two letters of recommendation – one academic and one non-academic.
- Applicants must respond to three essay questions and each response should be 2,500 characters or less. The three questions are:
- How will you contribute to the mission of the NHSC in providing care to underserved communities?
- What experiences have you had or activities have you participated in that have prepared you to work with underserved populations?
- Please discuss your commitment to pursue a career in primary health care
- Unofficial or Official transcript.
- The NHSC SP will pay tuition and eligible fees directly to the educational institution.
- Instruments or clinical supplies.
- Computer rental or purchase (only if required of all students).
- Travel expenses for one clinical rotation during school.
- Insurance (disability or health if not required by the school).
Interested applicants can apply no later than April 28, 2016.
Link for more information:
For questions, contact them at: 1-800-221-9393