The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) is delighted to announce the Student Video Essay Scholarship Contest.The video scholarship contest is open to all Boston, MA area 11th and 12th graders and Massachusetts community college students.The NACAC organization dedicated to helping students consider all their options after high school.NACAC holds the contest each year to showcase the talents of students in their conference city and help ease students’ financial transition to higher education. $20,000 in scholarships will be awarded, with $5,000 for the top-place submission.
The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC), founded in 1937, is an organization of nearly 16,000 professionals from around the world dedicated to serving students as they make choices about pursuing postsecondary education. NACAC is dedicated to providing counseling and admission professionals with the expert advice and tools they need to better serve students and improve the college transition process.
Students from all family income backgrounds and academic preparation are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
- To submit your video your must do two things. First, create a free account at zeemee.com. Include your first and last name so we know who you are, and then upload your video entry in the Meet Me Video section of your ZeeMee page. Student accounts should be set to private.
- Create a video in response to the following prompt: Why is continuing your education after high school important to you?
- Video entries must include the following at some point: “My name is ___________ and I’m ______________ (junior or senior) from _____________ (high school) in ___________ (town).” or “My name is ___________ and I’m a student at_____________ (community college) in ___________ (town).”
- Video entries should be no more than 2 minutes in length.
- Video entries must be created by an individual student. No joint entries (video created by two or more students) will be considered.
- All videos must be uploaded to ZeeMee on or before June 1.
- After you upload your video to ZeeMee, fill out their submission form through the link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2017VideoEssay. You must complete both steps in order to be eligible for the contest.
- Your submission should be well-thought out and prepared—similar to the preparation that would go into writing a school paper—with the freedom to showcase your voice and talents. Be yourself, show your creative side.
- Submissions are limited to one video per student, and all videos must be submitted via ZeeMee.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) will provide $20,000 in scholarships, with $5,000 for the top-place submission.
- The winners will be recognized at NACAC’s 73rd National Conference, Sept.14-16, 2017, at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.
The submission deadline is June 1, 2017, and winners will be contacted in late-August 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question about the program, contact at Videoessay-at-nacacnet.org