ASPSF (Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund) is pleased to announce Single Parent Scholarship. To be applying for the scholarship, the candidates must be Resident of Mississippi County, Arkansas for the past 6 months. The purpose of Single Parent Scholarship is to provide supplemental financial assistance to those single parents who are living in Arkansas and who are pursuing a course of instruction that will improve their income-earning potential.
In recognition of the severe impoverishment of single-parent families in Arkansas, the Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund was established in 1990. The ASPSF is a private, nonprofit corporation with 501(c) 3 status granted by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Resident of Mississippi County, Arkansas for the past 6 months
- You must be a resident of Mississippi County, Arkansas, to apply forOpen Scholarship Opportunities
- Single head of household (single, divorced, widowed, widower) with sole custody of a child or children under the age of eighteen (18)
- A high school graduate or have obtained a GED
- Pursuing an undergraduate course of study or vocational oriented undergrad; applicants cannot already have earned an undergraduate degree with the exception of those pursuing a Master of Arts in Teaching
- Must be a recipient of or have applied for a Pell Grant
- Must have and maintain a 2.50 GPA in high school and/or college
- Must be a full-time student (12 credit hours) or a part-time student (6 credit hours)
How to Apply:
- Login to an existing student account or register for a new account. Contact the person listed above if you have forgotten your username or password. The link is:
- Complete the application form and upload the supporting documents
Fall semester application deadline is September 19.
Link for More Information:
For more information, contact Jennifer Blankenship at jblankenship-at-blythevilleschools.net or Terri Askue at tcda1000-at-gmail.com 870-623-1601, 870-623-0920.