The MIS Career Choice Scholarship Program is sponsored by the Hawaii International Conference on System Science (HICSS). The MIS Career Choice Scholarship Program scholarship program is intended to widen awareness of career choices in the IT field for business students and to augment IT workforce development in Hawaii. Each semester, the program will accept at least 5 motivated undergraduates who choose to be MIS majors, or double/triple majors. Each scholarship recipient will get a $1,000 cash.
- Must declare MIS as major or double/triple major by the application deadline.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must complete the scholarship application form. The link is:
You must upload the following documents:
- Personal essay (limit to three single-space pages) should include:
- Long-term career goals and your plan of achieving them.
- Your understanding of IT and Business.
- Reasons for choosing MIS as your major or double/triple majors.
- Reasons for applying to the MIS Career Choice Scholarship Program.
- UH transcript
- One letter of recommendation from Shidler College of Business instructors.
- Supplemental material: one additional reference letter.
The MIS Career Choice program will provide each scholarship recipient not only a $1,000 cash award but also individualized professional career development, mentorship, and job placement.
The application is due on Nov. 10, 2015 (the 3rd Quarter of each Semester).
Link for more information: