Minnesota High Tech Association (MHTA) is accepting applications for MHTA STEM Scholarship. The scholarships are open for Minnesota undergraduate students in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) disciplines. The scholarship program provides financial support to deserving STEM students, teachers, and schools. Over the past 10 years, they have awarded almost 135 scholarships amounting to $541,000. The scholarship awards include $2,500 and $5,000 awards and can also include internship opportunities at MHTA member companies.
MHTA, or the Minnesota High Tech Association, is an innovation and technology association united in fueling Minnesota’s prosperity. The MHTA Foundation promotes the development of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) competence in students that will enable them to thrive in and support the global competitiveness of Minnesota’s technology-based economy.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be pursuing an undergraduate degree in a STEM field or in STEM teaching
- Only students with sophomore through senior academic status in the current school year may apply. Sophomore status may include students who have achieved this status through advanced placement (AP) credit or post-secondary options (PSEO)s
- Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited, Minnesota-based higher education institution.
- Scholarships will be awarded in the fall term of 2017 and presented to recipients at MHTA’s Tekne Awards in November. Students must be enrolled at the time of award.
How to Apply:
- Students who are interested in applying for the scholarship must write 250 words essay you can see the essay topics through the given link: http://www.mhta.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-Scholarship-Application-Sample.pdf
- The applicants must complete the online application through the given link: http://mhta.formstack.com/forms/mhtf_scholarship_application
Applicants must submit of PDF files of the following documents
- Two letter of recommendation
- Letter should be no longer than one page
- One letter must form a current professor or academic advisor in the major program of study
- The letter must be signed and on institutional letterhead
- letter of recommendation must include the contact information of writer
- Have the letter sent to tbarrett-at-mhta.org
- To complete the application, you will need to upload a quick set of PDF files that indicates that the letter (s) will be sent separately to tbarrett-at-mhta.org
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The award includes $2,500 and $5,000 awards and can include internship opportunities at MHTA member companies. MHTF supports diversity in this application and award process.
The application period for scholarship opens February 1 and closes April 1, 2017.
Link for More Information: