Jack and Susan Rudin and the Louis and Rachel Rudin Foundation are presenting Medical Student Research fellowship. Medical students, who want to explore a research career pediatric neuro-oncology, are eligible to apply. The fellowship program focuses on central nervous system (CNS) tumors in children. Fellows will receive a stipend $32,000 and they will get support for publication costs, travel and other benefits.
Jack Rudin (June 20, 1924) is a New York real estate developer and son of Samuel Rudin. The Jack and Susan Rudin foundation is a world-class provider of minimally invasive surgical techniques for the treatment of the full spectrum of neurological disease in both adults and children.
- Applicant must Intended to help medical students explore a research career in pediatric neuro-oncology.
- The applicant must be in good academic standing at an accredited medical school in the North America.
- For consideration the applicant must be willing to take one year off from their formal academic schedule. The fellowship can be conducted any time after the student has completed a minimum of two years of medical college.
How to Apply:
The application consists of the following:
- Scientific Proposal (Title, Objective(s), Background, Methods, and Impact: 3-page limit without references)
- Letters of reference (2)
- Sponsoring PI letter of support
- Student affairs or Dean’s letter of commitment from parent institution.
All the Application materials must be emailed to neurosurgery-pedsfellow-at-med.cornell.edu.
- The Fellowship will provide the awardees a stipend of $32,000 for the research year.
- The Fellowship will also provide support for publication costs, travel, and meeting registration that are directly applicable to the work conducted during the year.
December 31, 2015 is the deadline of Medical Student Research fellowship.
Link for More Information:
For more information contact:
Mark M. Souweidane, M.D., F.A.C.S., F.A.A.P.
Professor and Vice Chairman, Department of Neurological Surgery
Joan and Sanford I. Well Medical College
525 East 68 Street, Box 99
New York, New York 10065