The City of Chicago is pleased to offer The Mayor’s Office Fellowship Program for graduated students. This fellowship provides opportunity to learn about public service and policy-making. The Fellowship Program attracts bright, highly motivated individuals, gives them a broad overview of municipal government and provides a unique and “hands-on” experience.
Chicago is recognized across the United States as a very passionate sports town. Chicago is a leader in reforming public schools, enhancing public safety and security initiatives, providing affordable housing in attractive economically sound communities.
- The Mayor’s Office encourages graduate students from all disciplines to apply.
- While there are no preferences to specific graduate fields or majors, the program seeks candidates who are enthusiastic to learn about city government and have demonstrated a substantial commitment to excellence as evidenced by academic honors, leadership ability, extracurricular activities, and involvement in community or public service.
- You must be a currently enrolled student at the time of employment in order to be eligible.
- International students must have an F-1 Student Visa and must be a full-time student. International students are required to have a social security number/card which states “VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION.” The college or university can assist international students with obtaining authorization.
- Students who are Deferred Action Recipients are eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants must register on the site and provide personal information to prepare their candidate profile and submit applications online. The link is: http://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/dhr/provdrs/emp/svcs/city_of_chicago_jobopportunities.html
Interested candidates must submit the following:
- Official transcript
- Letter of enrollment
- For graduate students in their first year of study who have not yet received grades, an official dated letter of acceptance to your current school AND a current class schedule will be accepted in place of an official transcript.
The Mayor’s Office Fellowship Program provides opportunity to learn about public service and policy-making by directly contributing to the executive office of the City of Chicago.
The application process will close at 11:59:59 p.m. on Wednesday, November 4, 2015.
Link for More Information: