Marshall H. and Nellie Alworth Memorial Fund is representing its academic year 2015/16 67th year of the Marshall H. and Nellie Alworth Memorial Fund Scholarship program. The scholarship is open for U.S. citizens. Students who are awarded scholarships in 2016 will receive $20,000 to be distributed over eight semesters ($2,500 per semester).
Marshall H. Alworth was associated with the two greatest industries of northern Minnesota. Since 1949, over $46 million has been distributed in college scholarships to nearly 4,700 students in Northeastern Minnesota.
- Be a United States Citizen.
- Be graduating from a high school in one of the following Minnesota counties: Aitkin, Beltrami, Carlton, Cass, Cook, Crow Wing, Lake, Itasca, Koochiching, and St. Louis.
- Have a composite score of 26 or higher on the American College Test (ACT). Those who do not have a score of 26 but plan to retake the ACT test in December or February may submit an application. New test scores must be received in our office by March 1, 2016. SAT scores not accepted.
- Have a high school cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Shown promise for a career in mathematics or the sciences.
- Commit to a major in an approved mathematics or science field of study.
- Have demonstrated qualities of character, perseverance, and ambition.
- Be from a family whose taxable income is less than $120,000 (page 2 IRS 1040 line 43).
How to Apply:
For applying scholarship, the candidates must register themselves by the given link:
Students will receive $20,000 amount that will be distributed over eight semesters ($2,500 per semester).
Applications must be received no later than midnight, January 15, 2016. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Link for More Information:
If you have questions, you may email Patty Salo Downs, Executive Director, at alworth-at-alworthscholarship.org or call 218-722-9366.