The Richard Linn American Inn of Court is excited to announce offer the Mark T. Banner Scholarship. The scholarship is available for law students who have entered into a JD program at an ABA-accredited law school in the United States. The scholarship is part of The Richard Linn American Inn of Court’s obligation to development of intellectual property lawyers of high ethics, civility, professionalism and especially those from diverse backgrounds.
The mission of the Linn Inn is to promote the American Inns of Court’s guiding principles of professionalism, ethics and civility in the practice of intellectual property law.
Law students who have entered into a JD program at an ABA-accredited law school in the United States and who will continue in that program through the fall semester 2016 are eligible to apply for the Mark T. Banner Scholarship.
Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Mark T. Banner Scholarship review board based on the following criteria:
- Commitment to the pursuit of a career in IP law. An ability to demonstrate commitment to the pursuit of a career in intellectual property law is an essential requirement.
- Commitment, qualities and actions toward ethics, civility and professionalism.
- Academic merit (undergraduate, graduate and law school).
- Written and oral communication skills determined in part through a telephone interview for finalists.
- Leadership qualities and community involvement.
- Member of a historically under represented group in IP law (including race, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation and disability).
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must fill the application form. The form can be downloaded through the given link:
- Academic transcripts (law school, undergraduate/graduate school) Three-page statement describing (a) how ethics, civility and professionalism have been a focus of the candidate; (b) how diversity has impacted the candidate; and (c) the candidate’s commitment to the pursuit of a career in IP law
- Contact information for three references (this form)
- Application materials, formatted as a single PDF file, should be submitted by e-mail to:
Mark T. Banner Scholarship
C/o The Richard Linn American Inn of Court
- Include “Banner Scholarship” in the Subject of all emails to the Inn.
The recipient of the Mark T. Banner Scholarship will receive $5,000 payable for his or her fall 2016 semester of law school.
Applications will be accepted through November 23, 2015.
Link for More Information: