The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS) has put forward “The Mark Beaumont Scholarship”. The scholarship is available is for individuals that are looking to pursue business roles within the industry including executive leadership, law, marketing, public relations, and business development. The scholarship was established in 2010 to honor the memory of COO of Capcom North America and Europe, Mark Beaumont. Two winners will be selected, and each will get $2,500 scholarship for the 2016-2017 academic school year.
The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS) was founded in 1996 as a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement and recognition of the interactive arts. The organization has more than 20,000 members.
• Must be a full-time undergraduate student starting their second year or a graduate student attending an accredited college or university in the United States during the 2016-2017 academic school year
• The Mark Beaumont Scholarship Fund has been established to support students who are pursuing careers specializing in the business of interactive entertainment. Possible career paths include (but are not limited to) executive leadership, law, marketing, public relations, and business development in the video game industry.
• High school seniors entering their first year at an undergraduate university are not eligible
• Must have the intention to enter the video game industry focusing on the business of interactive entertainment
• Major: Any field
• GPA: 3.3 minimum on a 4.0 scale
• Each award is for one year. Winners are not eligible for subsequent Mark Beaumont Scholarships. 6. Any number of students from an institution may apply
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must complete application form that can be downloaded through the given link:
• Verification of enrollment in an undergraduate (minimum 2nd year) or graduate studies program for the 2016-2017 academic year.
• Two-page (maximum) personal statement from you including:
1. Information about your studies and how you will benefit the game industry.
2. A statement addressing your service, leadership, character, and financial need.
• Two current, signed letters of recommendation:
1. Letters of recommendation must be from colleagues or professors from your current academic program, administration, and/or professors who know you individually.
2. Letters of recommendations must address your potential to make a significant contribution to the game industry through character, service, or leadership abilities.
• Your most recent official college/university transcript (with school stamp, school official’s signature, or embossed stamp/seal) and school’s grading system.
Submit your complete application packet to:
Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences
C/o Mark Beaumont Scholarship Fund
11175 Santa Monica Blvd. Suite 440
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Two $2,500 scholarships to two different students for the 2016-2017 academic school year.
The application must be submitted by June 30, 2016.
Link for More Information: