MALDEF Organization is glad to announce MALDEF’s Law School Scholarship Program. The scholarship is open to all law students who are currently enrolled full time at an accredited United States law school. MALDEF’s the civil rights organization has supported the next generation of civil rights advocates for the Latino community. MALDEF has annually awarded five to ten scholarship awards of $5,000 each.
MALDEF foundation was charted in 1968 and it is the nation’s leading Latino legal civil rights organization. MALDEF promotes social change through advocacy, communications, community education, and litigation in the areas of education, employment, immigrant rights, and political access.
MALDEF’s Law School Scholarship Program is open to all law students currently enrolled full time at an accredited United States law school.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must complete the scholarship application form. The candidates can download the form through the given link:
- The Financial Statement Form completed by the applicant’s law school.
- Current Resume.
- Personal Statement up to 750 words, double-spaced, detailing the applicant’s personal background and financial need, academic and extracurricular achievement, record of service to the Latino community, and future plans.
- One (1) Letter of Recommendation.
- Transcripts for college (for all applicants) and law school (for applicants who have already completed a year of law school). Unofficial transcripts accepted.
- You can deliver application with the supporting documents together electronically to: lawscholarships-at-maldef.org OR
- You can mail to:
MALDEF Law School Scholarship Program
Attn: Jonhatan Aragon 634 S. Spring St.,
11th Floor Los Angeles, CA 90014
MALDEF is awarding 5-15 law school scholarships of $5,000 each to deserving law students from throughout the nation.
Applications must be emailed or postmarked by Monday, February 1, 2016.
Link for more Information: