The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health is offering Lown Scholars Program to applicants with a track record of research, teaching or policy work in cardiovascular disease prevention with a focused and clear proposal. The Program is designed to create an international cadre of talented health professionals who will use public health tools and strategies to prevent cardiovascular diseases and promote cardiovascular health in developing countries. Smaller projects awards will be made for up to $10,000 and for larger projects up to $50,000.
The overarching mission of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health is to advance the public’s health through learning, discovery, and communication.
- The Lown Scholars Program trains scholars who live and work in a developing country. Therefore, the only eligibility criterion is to have a full-time position in a developing country
- Priority will be given to applicants with a track record of research, teaching or policy work in cardiovascular disease prevention and with a focused and clear proposal
- Priority will also be given to applicants from centers where current Lown Scholars work, those who have identified a current or prospective Lown Scholar as a mentor, as well as those who have parallel funding through other sources (including other fellowships at Harvard)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can download scholarship application form through the given link:
- Statement of professional goals
- Research pre-proposal
- Training plan
- Curriculum vitae
- Three signed and dated letters of reference, to be sent directly to the Program’s email from the referees
- Other supporting documents: e.g. Notice of Award for supplementary funds
You can email your application to lownscholars-at-hsph.harvard.edu
Financial aid and Award Money:
- The Program has two levels of seed funding: for smaller projects awards will be made for up to $10,000 and for larger projects up to $50,000
- Scholars who are awarded seed funding will be invited to return to the Harvard Chan School the following summer to present their progress and provide feedback to the next cohort of Scholars
- The program will provide roundtrip airfare to Boston, lodging, a stipend for living expenses, as well as tuition for up to 2 summer courses
The application deadline for 2017-2018 is 5 PM Eastern US Time on November 21, 2016.
Link for More Information:
For inquiries, you can contact:
- E-mail: lownscholars-at-hsph.harvard.edu
- Telephone: (617) 432-5722