Are you the person who would like to receive free fellowship? L’Oreal Corporate Foundation will help you applying for L’Oreal USA for Women in Science Fellowship Program. The fellowship offer opportunity for those who have conferred PhD and have started in a postdoctoral research position. The program is the U.S. component of the L’Oreal-UNESCO for Women in Science International Fellowships. Fellowship program awards five women postdoctoral scientists annually with grants of $60,000 each.
L’Oreal Corporate Foundation is a French cosmetics and beauty company, headquartered in Clichy, Hauts-de-Seine. Mission of the foundation is to encourage talented applicants from diverse STEM fields, representing some of the nations leading academic institutions and laboratories.
- Must have a conferred PhD and have started in a postdoctoral research position by December 31, 2015.
- Must maintain the status of postdoctoral researcher throughout the fellowship year.
- Must be American born, naturalized citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be affiliated with a U.S. based academic or research institution.
- Must plan to conduct their postdoctoral studies and research in the U.S.
- Must be involved in basic research in the life and physical/material sciences, engineering & technology, computer science and mathematics.
- Cannot be in a faculty position.
- Must commit to at least twenty hours of activity in support of women and girls in science (e.g. mentoring, classroom visits, media, events).
- Must be available the week of October 4-7, 2016 for the For Women in Science Awards Week.
How to Apply:
In order to apply interested candidates can register themselves through the given link: https://lorealfwis.aaas.org/login/indexA.cfm
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- Mentoring essay.
You can send the transcript and letters of recommendation on the given address below:
L’Oréal USA for Women in Science C/O AAAS
Attn: Yolanda George/Education and Human Resources
1200 New York Avenue, NW,
6th Floor Washington, D.C. 20005.
- In the United States, the For Women in Science fellowship program awards five women postdoctoral scientists annually with grants of up to $60,000 each for their contributions in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields.
- Fellowship funds should be used to support tuition fees, attendance at meetings and conferences, laboratory supplies, publications costs, computer and technical support, equipment and instruments. Indirect or fringe costs are not permitted including health insurance, rent, utilities, university overhead, etc.
- Fellowship will be paid at the Fellowship award ceremony.
- The remaining balance will be mailed following submission and review of the required interim status report which is due six months after the initial grant distribution.
- Alternative schedules for fund distributions must be requested and explained in writing and must be approved by L’Oreal USA and AAAS. Fellowship funds will be available for use beginning on the day of the Awards Ceremony in early October, 2016.
You can submit the complete application packet on or before Friday, February 5, 2016.
Link for More Information: