The Huixian Earthquake Engineering Foundation (China) and the US-China Earthquake Engineering Foundation (USA) are pleased to Liu Huixian Earthquake Engineering Scholarship Awards. The scholarship is intended to encourage graduate students in earthquake engineering to pursue research and/or academic careers. Approximately ten (10) Liu Huixian Earthquake Engineering Scholarship Awards each of RMB 10,000 or US $1,500, are available in 2016.
The Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center (PEER) is a multi-institutional research and education center. The PEER’s mission is to develop, validate, and disseminate performance-based seismic design technologies for buildings and infrastructure to meet the diverse economic and safety needs of owners and society.
- Applicants must currently be enrolled as a full-time master’s degree or doctoral degree student in earthquake engineering or a closely related field
- Applicants must be at a university or research institute in China, USA, Singapore, or a member center of the Asian-Pacific Network of Centers for Earthquake Engineering Research (ANCER)
- Applicants must be 30 years of age or younger by the end of 2015
How to Apply:
The applicants can download the scholarship application form by using the given link:
- Original transcripts
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s research adviser
- One letter of recommendation from the head of the department /division of the university/institute or recommendation letters from three Professors
- Copies of up to 5 referred journal publications
- A personal statement of 1,000 to 2,000 words that outlines the applicant’s research experience and achievements in earthquake engineering and related fields description of current research projects and future research and professional plans after the current degree requirements are completed
- Additional supporting documents (optional)
All application materials along with form should be submitted electronically to the Secretariat of the Huixian Earthquake Engineering Foundation. (E-mail address: hxeef-at-iem.cn; hxeef-at-iem.ac.cn)
Approximately ten (10) Liu Huixian Earthquake Engineering Scholarship Awards are available in 2016. Each awardee will receive a cash award of RMB 10,000 (or US $1,500).
Application deadline is June 30, 2016.
Link for More Information: