The National Liberty Museum, an institution dedicated to honoring heroes of liberty throughout history and encouraging future leaders, is proud to announce our new Liberty Scholarship & Leadership Program. High School Seniors and undergraduate college students are invited to apply by demonstrating their commitment to making a positive difference in the world. The Program includes both monetary awards and various leadership opportunities. 30 winners will be chosen, and award amount varies for the winners.
The National Liberty Museum is dedicated to preserving America’s heritage of freedom by fostering good character, civic responsibility and respect for all people through interactive exhibits, contemporary works of art, and stories of heroes from all walks of life.
To participate in the Liberty Scholarship Program,
- You must be a high school senior or an undergraduate student in an accredited post-high school institution, including a college, community college, university or technical school
- Be no older than 25 as of July 15, 2016
- Confirm you are a scholar liberty member of the National Liberty Museum, and be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident holder or other valid legal status.
How to Apply:
- Create a video speech about 3-5 minutes in length on the topic “How I Intend to Make a Positive Difference in the Lives of Others” and upload it to YouTube using the “Unlisted” setting, which means only those with the link can view it.
- Record the video speech in your voice, in English. You may include supporting graphics and video shots in your presentation, but that is not a requirement. However, YOU must appear in the opening and closing of the video speech and identify yourself by your name, your Liberty Scholar Member number, and the city where you live.
- Complete on-line scholarship application forms through the given link: http://libertyscholars.libertymuseum.org/apply-for-scholarship/
30 winners will be chosen and each will receive leadership opportunities. If you are selected as one of the top 30 applicants, NLM will have royalty-free rights to publish your video speech on our website, affiliated social networks, and in other publications, including a Museum exhibit relating to our mission of preserving liberty.
• One winner will receive a $7,500 NLM Scholarship
• Two winners will receive a $2,500 NLM Scholarship
• Five winners will receive a $1,000 NLM Scholarship
• Five winners will receive a $500 NLM Scholarship
• 16 winners will have their video speech displayed by the National Liberty Museum
Your complete application must be received by 11:59 pm EDT, July 15, 2016.
Link for More Information: