The Liberty Fellowship program is a lifelong commitment and it is open to South Carolina’s 46 counties. Liberty fellows are dynamic, grass-roots leaders who have the drive, proven success, and desire to make a difference. To eligible, the nominees must be proven leaders with a history of significant community engagement and successful in their chosen field.The underlying purpose of Liberty Fellowship is to connect and help young, proven leaders collaborate to build a stronger South Carolina.Once selected for the program, Fellows become part of a growing network of 270 Fellows across the state.
Liberty Fellowship is an incubator for exemplary leadership in South Carolina. The program started in 2004 and is a collaboration of co-founders Anna Kate and Hayne Hipp, Wofford College, and the Aspen Institute. The goal is to move South Carolina forward through its greatest asset — its leaders.Liberty Fellowship is a lifelong commitment, and today there is a vibrant network of 270 Fellows across South Carolina.
- The applicant is a South Carolina resident
- The applicant is between the ages of 30 and 45.
- The candidate must not have turned 46 by July 1 of the year nominated to be considered.
- The applicant is a leader with a history of significant community engagement
- The applicant has the potential to have an impact at a state level
- The applicant is successful in his/her chosen field
- The applicant is willing to make a serious time commitment
- Education of Fellows ranges from no college degree to post-doctoral work.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicants can submit nomination form online with date of birth, photo, and resume, through the given link: https://www.libertyfellowshipsc.org/nomination-form
- Photo- (10 MB limit and allowed types: jpg jpeg png gif)
- Resume – (10 MB limit and allowed types: doc docx pdf txt)
- Nominee Letter of Recommendations (10 MB limit and allowed types: txt doc docx pdf)
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Liberty Fellowship is a lifelong commitment. Once selected for the program, Fellows become part of a growing network of 270 Fellows across the state. Each has the desire to take action to improve South Carolina.
The applicants must submit your nomination for before the annual deadline of July 1. Therefore, if you have missed this year’s deadline, please submit your candidate now for consideration next year.
Link for More Information:
If you have a question about the nomination process or fellowship, contact Kay Oken at (864) 241-5430 or koken-at-libertyfellowshipsc.org.