Would you like to develop and demonstrate your leadership ability? Want to develop planning skills while working with the largest humanitarian network in the world? And could you use college scholarship money? If you answered yes to any of these, then the American Red Cross has a great opportunity for you. In addition, students may become eligible to win a college scholarship and earn a gift card from giftcertificates.com!
Leaders Save Lives is a scholarship opportunity for high school and college students. Students will gain a meaningful leadership and community service experience. The Leaders Save Lives program is a great way for students to learn valuable leadership skills while helping hospital patients in need of lifesaving blood transfusions.
- Be between the ages of sixteen (16) and twenty-four (24) years old and currently enrolled in a high school, college, technical school, trade school or community college.
- Children of American Red Cross employees are eligible to participate.
- Host an American Red Cross blood drive scheduled between June 1 and August 31, 2015 projected at a minimum of 25 pints.
- Legal residents of the United States.
- If currently a high school student, will graduate high school at the completion of their senior year ) and will continue education by the subsequent fall semester following graduation at an accredited 2-year, 4-year college / university or professional trade school or community college.
- College, technical and trade school students must have at least one remaining academic semester and will continue education by the subsequent fall semester. Children of American Red Cross employees are eligible.
How to Apply:
If you are interested serving as a Leaders Save Lives blood drive coordinator, please complete the registration form. You will be contacted by an American Red Cross representative.
One of six (6) $1,000, or one of two (2) $1,500 or one of two (2) $2,500 Scholarships will be awarded across the United States to apply towards future educational costs.
Link to Apply: