The Latham & Watkins LLP is now offering the 2L Diversity Scholars Program. The program is open to all rising second-year law students who are enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school.Latham is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce.A career at Latham & Watkins will give you the opportunity to do some of the best work of your life.2L Diversity Scholars Program offers a summer employment opportunity and a scholarship of US$25,000.As a 2L Diversity Scholar, you will also receive valuable networking, training, and mentoring opportunities.
Dana Latham and Paul Watkins founded Latham & Watkins in January 1934 in Los Angeles, California, is the world’s highest-grossing law firm, with US$2.823 billion in annual revenue, and is widely considered to be one of the most prestigious and profitable law firms in the world. Latham & Watkins lawyers provide strategic and innovative legal solutions to clients’ complex business and legal challenges.
To be eligible to apply for the 2018 2L Diversity Scholars Program,
- You must be enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school and seek to practice law in one of Latham’s US offices.
- You must have successfully completed your first year of a full-time JD program by the application deadline, with an expected graduation date of spring 2019.
- You must not be the recipient of a similar scholarship award from another law firm.
- The application process is open to all rising second-year law students (class of 2019) enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school, regardless of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military service, disability or any other characteristic or condition protected by applicable law.
How to Apply:
To apply for the 2018 2L Diversity Scholars Program, the applicant can submit online application through the given link: https://lawcruit.micronapps.com/sup/lc_supp_app_frm.aspx?lawfirm=42&id=120
- Unofficial or official law school transcript (including your complete grades for the 1L year)
- Personal statement explaining your commitment to diversity and inclusion (500 to 1,000 words)
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The 2L Diversity Scholars Program awards select second-year law school students a progressive scholarship of US$25,000 (less applicable taxes and withholdings).
- The first US$10,000 of the scholarship will be paid upon starting as a summer associate at Latham & Watkins, and the balance of US$15,000 will be paid upon starting as a full-time associate at the firm.
- As a 2L Diversity Scholar, you will also receive valuable networking, training, and mentoring opportunities.
Applications for the 2018 2L Diversity Scholars Program will be accepted until June 30, 2017.
Link for More Information: