Landstar is pleased to announce the scholarship for outstanding undergraduate academic achievement students, civic involvement of children of Landstar employees, Business Capacity Owners (BCOs) and independent sales agents (Agents). The scholarship is intended to find individuals who succeed both in and out of the classroom and whose qualities exemplify Landstar’s determined commitment to excellence.
Landstar is a unique global transportation system built for the 21st century. The Landstar business model is a unique network of agents and capacity providers.
- Scholarships are only available to children of full-time Landstar employees as well as BCOs, agents and employees of BCOs and agents currently under contract with a Landstar company. Children of deceased Landstar employees, BCOs or agents who passed away while employed by or under contract with a Landstar company are also eligible for scholarships.
- To be eligible, candidates must be enrolled in high school and be planning to be enrolled fulltime (12 or more credit hours/semester) at an accredited two- or four-year college or university during the academic year for which the scholarship may be granted.
- All candidates must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Candidates enrolled in an accredited two- or four-year college or university must successfully complete a minimum of 12 credit hours prior to the applications deadline (March 1st2016).
- Candidates must also be planning to be enrolled full time (12 or more credit hours per semester) at their college or university during the academic year for which the scholarship is granted.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, you must fill the scholarship application form.
- For applying Freshmen Scholarship, you can click on College freshmen scholarship application form and download it.
- College Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors can also download the application form by the link that is given on the scholarship page.
Completed applications should be mailed to:
Landstar Scholarship Fund
Attention: Don Stambaugh
13410 Sutton Park Drive South, Jacksonville, FL 32224
Award amounts range from $2,500 to $5,000 per scholarship for the upcoming school year.
The deadline to apply for the Landstar scholarship for the 2016/2017 academic year is March 1, 2016.
Link for more Information: