Are you interested in applying for essay contest? LAFCU is glad to announce “Write to Educate Essay Contest.” LAFCU is a teen/young adult program focusing on providing you with the best resources (including products, services, and financial information) so you make SMART choices when you save and spend your money. High school seniors are welcomed to apply. $2,500 amount will be granted to the winning candidates.
LAFCU was founded in 1936. It is designed to provide you with all the necessary products and services to help keep you on top of your finances 24/7.
This scholarship is designed specifically for:
- Seniors attending high school in Barry, Calhoun, Clinton, Eaton, Gratiot, Ingham, Ionia, Jackson, Livingston, Montcalm and Shiawassee counties to participate in our annual “Write to Educate” essay contest.
- Students attending Lansing Community College or Baker College in Owosso should apply.
How to Apply:
You can download the application form in pdf form by the given link: https://www.lafcu.com/pdfs/LAFCU_Write%20to%20Educate_2016.pdf
You can apply online by the given link: http://lafcu.formstack.com/forms/writetoeducate
To be considered for this contest you must write an essay on the given topics:
- Write about a bright idea that would be a positive change at your high school and in your community.
- What could you do at your high school to improve it before you graduate?
- How can that improvement better your community as well?
All the material must be uploaded via www.LAFCUMyWay.com or mailed to LAFCU, P.O. Box 26188, Lansing, Michigan, 48909-6188
The 2016“Write to Educate Essay Contest “awards two $2,500 college scholarships to high school seniors and allows them to each select a local charity to receive a $500 donation from LAFCU
Friday, April 29, 2016 is the last date of submitting the complete application package.
Link for more information: