The University of Hawaii at Manoa Water Resources Research Center is offering the L. Stephen Lau Water Research Endowed Scholarship. It is available for upper-division undergraduate or graduate student who are enroll as a part- or full-time in the University of Hawaii. The purpose of the program is to further knowledge of Hawaii’s natural waters by providing financial assistance that may be used for anything related to costs of attendance or research.The winning candidates will get up to $1500 amount for the 2018 scholarship.
Water Resources Research Center (WRRC) serves the state of Hawaii and other Pacific islands by researching water-related issues distinctive to these areas. The University of Hawaii established WRRC in response to the Federal Water Resources Research Act of 1964 and the University’s own Academic Development Plans.
- Part- or full-time University of Hawai‘i student.
- Upper division undergraduate or graduate student.
- Any discipline related to water resources at the University of Hawai‘i System pursuing a minimum 4-year academic degree.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 for undergraduates or 3.5 for graduates
How to Apply:
To be considered for the scholarship, candidates may download the application form from the given link:
- Submit an essay or research proposal: An essay or a research proposal on any aspect of Hawai‘i natural waters and how the applicant’s research or area of study is related to it.
- Evidence of eligibility (unofficial STAR transcripts are acceptable) for the scholarship
The candidates may submit the complete applications by the following ways:
- Email to email@example.com
- Mailed to: Water Resources Research Center, the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa, Attn: Barbara Guieb, 2540 Dole Street, Holmes Hall 283, Honolulu, HI 96822.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
For 2018, the amount of the award will be $1500.
Deadline for receipt of applications (postmarked by) is March 23, 2018.
Link for More Information:
For additional information, contact Barbara Guieb at barbarag-at-hawaii.edu or call 808-956-7848.