The San Juan County 4-H Leaders Council has started accepting applications for those who are a graduate of a High School Program or the equivalent and who are the resident of San Juan County. The San Juan County 4-H Leaders Council awards a minimum of $500.00 per year to one applicant.
4-H is the youth development education program of San Juan County Extension, which is a collaborative effort between Washington State University (the state land grant university), the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and local San Juan County government.
- Applicant must have been a graduate of a High School Program or the equivalent
- Have been a resident of San Juan County and have been an enrolled member of a San Juan County 4-H club for 4 years and completed your Junior or Senior year of High School as an active member of 4-H
- Must have completed the first year and no more than your junior year of advanced education (trade school or accredited college)
- You may also apply during your senior year if you have a fifth year as an undergraduate (Super Senior)
- An applicant may apply for and be awarded this scholarship repeatedly as long as they meet the eligibility criteria
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidate must fill the application form. The form can be downloaded by the link:
Type the following items on a separate document
- Describe what 4-H project(s) you participated in and what it/they meant to you.
- You might include any 4-H events, community service, activities and special awards.
- Describe your college experience and your educational goals? 3) How has 4-H influenced your life?
- How have you helped others while in 4-H and at college? Please also:
- Attach a copy of your College Transcript (does not have to be official).
- Attach a copy of this page (pg 2) as your cover page.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from either a 4-H leader or other adult mentor. It may be included in this application or sent separately to the 4-H Extension Office.
The candidates can send all of the requested items to:
WSU Extension 4-H
221 Weber Way, Suite LL
Friday Harbor, WA 98250
The San Juan County 4-H Leaders Council awards a minimum of $500.00 per year to one applicant. If more than one applicant is selected to win the award, then each recipient will receive a minimum of $500.00.
The application must be turned into the Extension office on or before July 15th.
Link for More Information: