The Kennedy-King Memorial Scholarship Fund offers a number of two-year scholarships to students who transfer in the fall or spring following the award from Contra Costa County community colleges to junior standing in four-year accredited institutions. The fund offers scholarships of $5000each spring.
Kennedy-King Memorial College Scholarship Fund, Ltd was founded in memory of Doctor Martin Luther King, Jr. and Senator Robert F. Kennedy in 1968.
- Be of African-American, Latino, Native American, or of Pacific Islander descent, i.e. a minority group underrepresented at four-year colleges and universities in California.
- Be enrolled for the fall semester prior to the award (or have completed your course work within the past year) at Diablo Valley, Contra Costa, or Los Medanos Colleges.
- Be eligible (have sufficient and proper units) to transfer to a four-year institution with junior standing for the next fall term (or at the latest the next spring term) following the award.
- Provide evidence of financial need.
- Complete and submit on time the application with required attachments. If selected for interview, you must attend the Saturday morning Selection Committee interviews in the spring.
How to Apply:
The candidates can download the application form through the given link:
- Letter & Instructions:The letter from the Selection Committee sets forth the qualifications students must meet to be eligible to apply for a Kennedy-King scholarship.
- Counselor’s Verification: The student’s community college counselor must complete this verification of the student’s readiness to transfer to a four-year college with junior standing.
- Personal Reference Form: This form will be used by the student’s three references to express their views on the suitability of the student for a Kennedy-King scholarship. (You will need three of these).
- A number of two-year scholarships of $5,000 per year to students.
The application deadline is February 5, 2016.
Link for More Information: