The John Starks Foundation is pleased to announce its annual “3 Point Scholarship Program”. The scholarship is designed to assist New York/Tri-State & Tulsa area high school students in their pursuit of a college degree. The scholarship is intended for those who demonstrate academic excellence, financial need and a commitment to community service. $2,000 grants will be offered to the winning candidates.
The John Starks Foundation was founded in 1994 by former NBA star and Tulsa native John Starks. It is a 501©3 nonprofit organization dedicated to providing financial assistance to high school seniors in the form of academic scholarships.
- Graduating high school seniors who plan to enroll full-time at a two-year or four-year accredited institution during the upcoming academic year.
- Students who remain in good standing academically during their freshman year will be given consideration to reapply for additional financial assistance through the program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale (or the equivalent)
How to Apply:
- For applying the scholarship, the candidates can download the application form through the given link:http://www.johnstarks.org/docs/3_Point_Scholarship_Application.pdf
- You must only print or type the application form
- Financial Need – attach copies of head of household’s most recent tax returns.
- Commitment to community service – attach a detailed list your activities.
- An official high school transcript (originals only) – in a sealed envelope.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation – school official, current or former employer, and community leader will be accepted.
You can submit all requested documents in an 8 1/2 x 11 envelope to:
John Starks Foundation, Inc.
1127 High Ridge Road, Suite 331
Stamford, CT 06905
$2,000 grants will be available for the winning candidates.
The completed application packet must be submitted on or before May 1, 2016.
Link for More Information:
For more information, you can email at: Info-at-johnstarks.org