The John G. Williams Scholarship Foundation is pleased to announce its Scholarship Loan Program. The program is open to high school graduate of Pennsylvania. The purpose of the scholarship loan program is to encourage financial responsibility by the applicant and to encourage the prompt repayment of funds when the applicant’s earning ability justifies, thereby making financial assistance available to other worthy students. Currently, the Foundation is only awarding low-interest scholarship loans. No grants are available.
The John G. Williams Scholarship Foundation was created in 1985 to provide financial assistance to deserving Pennsylvania residents for their pursuit of college and/or post-graduate educational opportunities.
An applicant must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for consideration for a scholarship loan:
• Resident of Pennsylvania
• High school graduate
• Acceptance by an institution of higher learning before making application for assistance
• Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or its equivalent, and maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA to be eligible for continued assistance in future years
• Full-time enrollment for period covered by scholarship loan
• The Foundation must be satisfied that the applicant intends to pursue his or her education for at least one year at the institution of his or her choice
• Demonstration of financial need
• Demonstration of personal initiative
• Demonstration of civic responsibility
• Timely submission of all application forms
How to Apply:
An applicant must timely submit all of the following items to be eligible for consideration for a scholarship loan:
• The John G. Williams Scholarship Foundation Standard Application. It can be downloaded from this link: http://www.libertyforge.net/jgwfoundation/Standard%20Application.pdf
• John G. Williams Scholarship Foundation Financial Need Form (http://www.libertyforge.net/jgwfoundation/Financial%20Need%20Form.PDF) to be completed by your school between April 1 – June 1
• Copy of completed current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
• Copy of current Student Aid Report (SAR)
• Transcript of grades for the most recent academic year
• Evidence of acceptance/attendance/enrollment by college or graduate school
• Two character recommendations
Applications must be mailed (or sent by courier) to the Foundation. Do not submit the application by facsimile or email. All application forms and documentation should be mailed in one complete package.
Courier Delivery Address: 3804 Lisburn Road, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
There is no set amount awarded to an individual. Awards are made considering the number of qualified and approved applicants and the sum of money available to dispense.
All application forms and documentation must be received by June 15, 2016.
Link for More Information: