The Westfair Singers is pleased to announce Judith Hahnssen-Schwab Founder’s Scholarship Competition. The program recognizes female musicians from the region who demonstrate exceptional musical talent. The program is intended to identify and support talented, young female vocalists and instrumentalists from Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County, CT. Westfair Board Members and its Music Director preside over auditions to determine a winner and a runner-up.
The Westfair Singers was founded in 1987. The Westfair Singers present music that celebrates the heart and light of women’s voices.
Applicants must be female high school seniors who:
- Reside in the counties of Westchester, NY or Fairfield, CT and attend public or private high schools in the counties of Westchester, NY or Fairfield, CT
- Are applying in the fall of their senior year, for admission to an accredited college, university, or conservatory program.
- Applicant does not need to be pursuing a music-related major or field of study.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, you must complete the scholarship application form. For the application form, you can check the given link:
You must submit an Audition. Audition should be at least 2 minutes, and in no case longer than 5 minutes. Please make sure your name and the words “Scholarship Application” are in the subject line of the email.”
- Complete the application form and remit $10 fee online at: www.westfair.org
- If you prefer to mail a check, please make it payable to Westfair Chamber Singers and include the name of the applicant in the memo line and send it to: Westfair Chamber Singers P.O. Box 1006 Port Chester, NY 10573
- Email your audition as an mp3 to: westfairmusic-at-gmail.com
- First Place Winner shall receive a $500 scholarship upon submitting proof of acceptance and enrollment in an accredited college, university, or conservatory program.
- Second Place Winner shall receive a $250 scholarship upon submitting proof of acceptance and enrollment in an accredited college, university, or conservatory program.
Completed applications, including form, payment, and mp3 audition, must be received by October 16, 2015.
Link for More Information: